Monday 5 August 2019

Slipping Masks

This is from something I'm working on at present. I was aiming for 'ghostly man wearing 'Sutton Hoo' mask, in the mists of time'. Sutton Hoo has had a big revamp recently and it's only a half hour drive from where I am. I'm not entirely sure I'm quite there yet with it but it's a work in progress. I'm fed up we haven't had much sun recently and the news is definitely wearing me down. I can't believe that a woman in the news this week, strangled her own children. It seems to be against all the laws of nature to me. Then a young boy is thrown off a viewing platform at the Tate Modern in London. What is wrong with people? Are we willing to let mental health problems remain undiagnosed and untreated in our society? Have we lost the ability to judge what is acceptable behaviour and what is really not right? Do we care? After all, we seem to be allowing those with the worst mental health problems to run our countries now.

No comments:

Post a Comment