Monday 17 February 2020

World Ends

These are sketches that I did quickly of my little Flo cat. They were done a while ago. She died just over a week ago and it felt for a bit like my world had come to an end. It was so shockingly out of the blue and she'd had no health problems or anything that I'd been worried about. It was so quick that it was a blessing, I decided in the end. It hasn't stopped me missing her terribly though. She slept on top of my duvet, by my shoulders and often we'd go to sleep with my arm around her and me holding her feet or her tail. She was always there, when I was working and I had to say bye to her before I left the house or Mum would get shouted at until I came back in. So, I was pretty heart broken. Her brother RJ is missing her too. He used to chase her round the house. Although he witnessed her dying, with us, we made a point of showing him the body, so he would know what had happened. He still looks for her though. They were rescued from a hedge as kittens. My sister got them from a rescue place in Lincoln. The place wanted them homed together as Flo had kept RJ going - he had nearly died as a kitten. RJ has always been in scrapes and getting infections but Flo never seemed to get ill. I never thought she would go first. She was 14, which I believe translates to about 72 in human years. I know the world only thought of her as 'a cat', she was much dearer to me than that. I'm just glad that I wasn't on my own when I lost her. I don't know how those living alone get themselves through a trauma like that. The world rolls on relentlessly though.

No comments:

Post a Comment