Saturday 24 November 2012

Dear Dad

This has been an awful week as I lost my Father on Thursday. Despite the fact that we didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things (I'm told we were too alike) I always knew he loved me and I loved him too. He died in hospital after an illness which he fought with courage and tenacity. I am very comforted by the fact that he hung on until my brother, sister and I managed to get to him. We'd had huge problems as there was no parking to be found. We think he didn't want Mum to be alone as he left. So all his family were with him and he slipped away peacefully to be with his maker. Thank God for everything. It could have been so much worse but his last moments were dignified and peaceful and with all his family round him. I'm very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment