Friday 15 July 2016

Reflections

It's been a full on week this week. The drawing is one I did a little while ago, just before I started my Master's degree. It's supposed to show how, periodically, I throw my life into the air and see how it lands. I'm recently thinking of doing it again. It requires a bit more thinking about the older I get though. So the thinking and loose planning stage is starting. I went down to Guildford for a cup of tea and a chat on Wednesday. It was interesting as I'd never been to Guildford before, even though I was born in Surrey. I went through Wimbledon station which I can remember from being two, as my Mum would take me there from South Norwood. My Dad was in hospital in Wimbledon, recovering from a brain haemorrhage. I can vividly remember talking to him and being interested in the way he'd had his head shaved for surgery. I ate all his grapes. I can also remember taking a toddle round the ward and inspecting a great, big oxygen tank (or so it seemed to me at the time) and talking to the man in the bed next to it. I can remember an awful lot before the age of three, my parents were quite surprised at some of my vivid memories of that time. I could describe things to them in great detail. I think I need a bit of time to myself at the moment, a bit of a holiday to break the daily grind. I also need to get down to some serious drawing as it has been lacking recently. Another couple of weeks to go though.

No comments:

Post a Comment