Friday 26 August 2016

Taxi Troubles

This is a drawing I did recently for the July edition of 'The Showing Journal'. I've been doing drawings for the magazine for a year now, I'm pleased to say. I'm not going to complain about the lovely weather, or the fact that it's been too hot, as we're not going to have this weather for too much longer, I'm sure. I was in Guildford last Sunday and the taxi driver dropped me in the wrong place, just as a body was being brought out into a private ambulance. Thankfully, I'm not too phased by things like that, I just felt a bit sad that someone's time had come to an end. I ended up wandering round pondering google maps on my phone. Turns out the estate is not that old and is a bit of a rabbit warren. In the end the man giving the course came and found me. I'd walked past where I was supposed to be. Google maps didn't tell me that, did it? I have to go again this week but I know where I should be now! Not looking forward to lots of travelling on a bank holiday though. I shall let you know how I get on. I'm hoping it won't be too hot Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment