Sunday 25 June 2017

Framlingham Musings

As the weather seems to be cooling down I thought I would post this doodle of a winter tree. I don't know why I was thinking of winter trees while the weather has been so lovely, but there we are. It's been a quiet week. I went to do a session at a care home in Framlingham and discovered it was just across the road from where I worked a good fifteen years ago. I used to frame photos for a photographer there. There was a pump in the back garden of the building I worked in. Apparently Framlingham was one of the last places to get put onto mains water. It used to be pretty famous for it's castle but now it's more famous for Ed Sheeran. I was always very impressed by a vicar in Framlingham, at the time of the Witchfinder General. Apparently, he stood up to them picking on the weak of his parish and they killed him too, as a witch. He was 80 years old. I always thought he must have been a man very strong in his beliefs and caring of his parish to stand up to such fear mongering and brutality.

No comments:

Post a Comment