Sunday 6 May 2018

Returned!

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I've been looking after my dear old Mum who had a knee replacement recently. Mum is terribly allergic to opiates and so they couldn't give her the usual morphine to get rid of the pain. They tried a derivative of an opiate, a synthetic version but she ended up throwing up over her consultants shoes and passing out a couple of times. So all she could cope with was paracetamol. Not ideal and just meant she was in an awful lot of unbearable pain for a week or two. Knee replacements are supposed to be one of the most painful operations that you can have. On top of all of this, she had to put up with my cooking. I'm glad to say, she's well on the way to recovery now (despite my cooking) and we're coming out the other side. So things were a little difficult for a while but are sorting out now. The weather is also a bit better so it's onwards and upwards from this point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment