Sunday 2 September 2018

Light of The Moon

Hares again. I'm still experimenting with light and colour and I'll probably continue with this for a little bit. I was up in the night, one night this week and looked out of my front window onto the street. It looked unusually serene. I should have had a go at drawing it. The sky was clear and had numerous stars in it. We see them particularly clearly as there is very little light pollution where we are. There was also a nearly full moon, although I couldn't see it in the sky. The light was so bright and clear there must have been. I think it's on the wane now but it made the pale fronts of the bungalows opposite softly shine. The shadows where the moon couldn't reach were a really deep black. It was beautiful. I should have drawn it before it gets too cold to be out of bed. It was all in varying greys with just a touch of a blue in the sky. I'm beginning to feel a sadness that the summer is coming to an end. Even if it does lead into autumn, which is my favourite season.

No comments:

Post a Comment