Saturday 18 February 2017

Simple Snowdrops

This was a quick sketch of my older niece done last weekend but she moves too fast. We all went and saw 'Sing' at the cinema, which was really very good and we all enjoyed it. The next day my youngest niece went down with a really nasty cold. The day after that it was me and my Mum. It was a horrible cold. Fortunately the week coming up is a busy week, whereas last week was a bit quieter, so luckily I had some time to get over it. Which I nearly have now. Mum was not so lucky, as due to her medication, her immune system is pretty suppressed and so it's really taken it's toll. She's having to rest up a bit. We went and saw an out of hours Doctor today, just to check nothing was too out of hand and that no antibiotics were needed. Fortunately all is well. Just got to wait it out. I went out today for the first time in a few days and in that time, all the snowdrops had come up. There are some really lovely patches of them all along the road sides now. There were also some daffodils, not quite out but ready to start coming out in the next couple of weeks. There are crocus' in the lawn as well. So we're another week nearer and the days are opening out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment