Saturday 25 February 2017

Wet and Windy Doris

It's been a busy week this week and I haven't had much time to catch my breath. Which is good. This sketch was done as I went and waited at Ipswich Hospital for Mum to have a chest x-ray. We've had a really nasty cold, but while I took about a week to get over it, she's been really struggling because of all the drugs that she takes to suppress her rheumatoid and osteoarthritus. The Doctor wasn't happy with the way her chest sounded so he wanted an x-ray done. We're now waiting for results. I've been making spring flowers with my older folk this week, which they seemed to enjoy. I've been noticing that the buds on the trees are fattening up too. Storm Doris hit our area pretty hard but at least we kept our electricity. Some people in this area lost their electricity for over a day as trees and branches coming down were affecting the power lines. We didn't have too many problems. The cats decided staying in was the best option. Can't say I really blame them. I would have stayed in too, given the choice. I went out and dodged fallen trees in the car instead. It makes for an interesting life anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment