Sunday 19 November 2017

Pied Piper

Been doodling and thinking about the pied piper. I've not doodled with a pencil for a little while, I usually prefer to start with a pen and make definite marks and commit myself. Pencil always feels to me like you're not quite sure of what you're doing and will want to change it. Considering this came straight from my head I don't think it's too bad. I have some ideas for the piper story but I'm mulling them over. Apparently England had a version of the story, told at Beccles in Suffolk (which was full of rivers and marshes before they were drained by the Dutch). Part of my family come from Beccles and the family history goes right back in that area. I've begun playing with ideas for my Christmas cards and have actually started a little bit of Christmas shopping. My brother and his wife sent advent calendars to us last week, which was a really lovely gesture. Trouble is, mine is chocolate and the temptation is huge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment