Saturday 23 December 2017

Christmas Crash

I crashed the car last week, hence there was no post from me. Everything went a bit frantic. I wrote the car off, so there was no way to get about apart from taxi's and buses. Although we do have a bus on the hour through the village, this time of year if you're heading to Ipswich, it's standing room only. It was the most inconvenient thing to happen at the most inconvenient time of the year. Everything stopped in the search for a new car ( well, it was impossible to do anything much until another was found). I was recommended Kia's by several people so I went online to look and see what was available. Met a lovely, helpful chap by the name of Matt Read at Marshall's in Ipswich and they miraculously set me up before Christmas! I was really grateful and if anyone in Ipswich is looking for a vehicle, I would recommend them. Meanwhile, the accident was my fault (brakes failed) and so I am at present financially ruined. Let's hope next year is a good one. Massive thanks to all those who have sympathised with my predicament and sent me words of encouragement, a big thanks to my Mum who is helping me with some cash (I will get it back to you!), a big thanks to all the people who helped me in various ways, the lady who went on to the garage to see if they'd pick me up from the middle of nowhere with no phone signal, the gentleman who did just that and let me use his landline phone and sit in his warm office until the taxi came and also the taxi driver the next day, when I went to pick up all my work stuff and possessions from the car, who helped me to do it and also knocked a tenner off the price for me. I have been rather blessed. I'm just glad, I wasn't on the A12 behind a lorry when my brakes failed. I was heading for the A12. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and that your new year will be very happy and full of good things. Thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment