Sunday 28 January 2018

Winter Reflections

A good start to January. Another cartoon in Private Eye. I am extremely pleased. I've felt all at odds this week. It's felt like a very difficult week. I had a few sessions which is really good and most of them were very upbeat and positive but the last one was a real effort. No staff and as I'm new to the home, I don't know the residents and they've only met me once before. It makes it a lot more difficult but we turned out a few pieces of very nice work and they were very pleased with their efforts. Hopefully, it will be a bit better next time. I have a lot of driving to do in the coming week. The homes are quite a distance from me. One of them I used to visit when I was seven, as my Mum worked there for a while and my brother and I used to go with my Dad to drop Mum off at work. These were the days before my sister came along. I never thought then that I would ever go back there but then when I was 10 and the school visited Framlingham Castle, I never thought that 25 years on I would be working round the corner from it. It's funny how life works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment