Monday 11 June 2018

Mouse in the House

This is a card I made recently. What a week. This week, not R.J, but Flo (Flo!!) brought in a mouse to play with at about midnight. I heard the commotion in the hall and went to have a look. The mouse took advantage of the distraction and ducked under the bathroom door while Flo turned to me and gave me the 'what do you think you want?' look. I went and got the jam jar again. It didn't go straight in this time but backed itself into a corner and I had to manage to persuade it that I only wanted to help it get outside again. It went into the jar. It's back leg was broken. I picked it up gently and went and unlocked the back door and went out into the garden. I was in my pyjamas-again. I put it down but it didn't want to come out of the jar so I left the jar on it's side and went back in to lock up and lock the cat flap too, so it had half a chance. The cats really weren't impressed. The mouse had gone in the morning, I don't think it will last very long whatever has happened to it. So my question is, how many others of you have caught small rodents in jars to get them out of your houses? I've done it twice now. I don't want to be doing it a third time.

No comments:

Post a Comment