Sunday 8 July 2018

Hospital and High Hopes

More messing about with houses and cottages this week. I was up at the hospital for a scan of my kidneys and bladder this week and I'm pleased to say the consultant told me all was well and looked to be as it should be. Onwards and upwards. It was also Mum's birthday this week and we went for a trip out to Thorpeness, just up the road from Aldeburgh. We sat in the shade at the café and looked out over the water and watched the swan and her six signets being fed by other people. It was lovely. One cream tea and an ice cream later and our diets were well and truly done for. We walked down and listened to the sea wash about for a bit and then came home, where our poor old cats were lying on my bed in the cool trying to stay out of the heat. The grass has all gone yellow and crispy now. No worries about the water yet as East Anglia is a semi arid area anyway and apparently our water service is used to having to be careful with water. There must be better ways of storing all the excess water we seem to get in the winter now, in other areas of the country. I'm staying in, this weather is too much for me, much as I like it. The other incident of note this week, is that I watched a football match. I watched England play Sweden. I don't really have a lot of time for football but I think it's the first game I've watched England play where they've actually won. I'm really hoping they'll go further now. I'm well impressed with Gareth Southgate, whatever happens now.

No comments:

Post a Comment